Samebike US Warranty Policy
Limited Warranty TermsLast updated Match 29, 2023
Every Samebike E-bike is covered under one year warranty for the original owner against all manufacturing defects(as defined herein). This Limited Warranty is only applicable to United States ebike purchases (purchases in Canada and the European Union shall be subject to their respective warranty terms) and by the following terms:
- Only the original owner of an ebike purchased from our online store (https://samebikeus.com) and other authorized online dealers that is covered by this Limited Warranty. If your bike was purchased from an off-line dealer or third part, please contact your original seller or Support@Samebike.com to obtain a warranty. The Warranty Period begins upon your receipt of the ebike and shall end immediately upon the earlier of the end of the Warranty Period or any sale or transfer of the ebike to another person, and under no circumstances shall the Limited Warranty apply to any subsequent owner or other transferees of the ebike.
- Samebike's bicycle components are under one year warranty, The warranty section specifically includes three categories: Electronics, Hardware, and Driving system. The specific categories are as follows:
Categories Parts Defective Period Electronics Motor Not functional / coil burnt 1 Year Electronics Battery Unable to charge / mileage per charge < 20% 1 Year Electronics Controller Not functional / Error code 1 Year Electronics Charger Not charging 1 Year Electronics Display Error code 1 Year Electronics Pedal-assist sensor No assistance /insensitive 1 Year Electronics Lights Not lit 1 Year Hardwares Frame Deformation / desoldering / cracking 1 Year Hardwares Front fork Deformation / fracture / no shock absorption 1 Year Hardwares Seatpost Deformation / desoldering / cracking 1 Year Hardwares Handlebar Deformation / desoldering / cracking 1 Year Hardwares Stem Deformation / desoldering / cracking 1 Year Driving system Headset Failure / unsmooth steering 1 Year Driving system Brakes Failure / rebound blocked 1 Year Driving system Brake disc Deformation / fracture 1 Year Driving system Crankset Deformation / fracture 1 Year Driving system Freewheel Deformation / detachment 1 Year Driving system Derailleur Stuck / abnormal noise 1 Year Driving system Shifter Stuck/abnormal noise 1 Year
- They are warranted to be free from manufacturer defects in materials and/or workmanship from the date of original purchase. Wear and tear are not covered under warranty.
This Limited Warranty Does Not Cover
- Normal wear and tear of any Covered Component.
- Consumables or normal wear and tear parts (including without limitation tires, tubes, brake pads, cables, housing, grips, chain, and spokes).
- Any damage or defects to Covered Components resulting from failure to follow instructions in the ebike owner’s manual, acts of God, accident, misuse, neglect, abuse, commercial use, alterations, modification, improper assembly, installation of parts or accessories not originally intended or compatible with the ebike as sold, operator error, water damage, extreme riding, stunt riding, or improper follow-up maintenance.
- For the avoidance of doubt, Samebike will not be liable and/or responsible for any damage, failure, or loss caused by any unauthorized service or use of unauthorized parts.
- The Battery is not warranted from damage resulting from power surges, use of an improper charger, improper maintenance or other such misuses, normal wear, or water damage.
DETERMINING WHETHER DAMAGE OR DEFECT TO AN EBIKE OR COVERED COMPONENT IS PROTECTED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE IN THE SOLE DISCRETION OF Samebike.
Damage to a Covered Component during shipping is not covered by this Limited Warranty, but Samebike will replace such damaged Covered Components if you:
- Notify Samebike of a Covered Component damaged in the shipping process within fifteenth (15) days of your receipt of the ebike;
- Provide Samebike with a dated picture of the damaged Covered Component;
- Return all original packaging and paperwork included with the ebike; and
- Note any immediately recognizable damage on the shipper’s Bill of Lading before signing off on the shipment.
Shipping damage claims are very time sensitive and it is your responsibility to immediately inspect the ebike for damage upon receipt.
If you choose to set up your independent shipping methods, such as the use of a freight forwarder or other similar service, Samebike will not replace any Covered Components damaged during such shipping method.
Credit Card Chargebacks
If any ebike purchase becomes subject to a credit card chargeback in any amount, and you are still in possession of the ebike, then this Limited Warranty shall be invalidated until the credit card chargeback has been resolved.
SAMEBIKE WILL NOT REPLACE ANY COVERED COMPONENT UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY WITHOUT FIRST SEEING PHOTOS OR VIDEO OF THE DAMAGED COVERED COMPONENT.
To exercise your right to receive a replacement for a Covered Component under this Limited Warranty, you must:
- Contact the Samebike Technical Support team through this request form. The Technical Support team will initially work with you on the problem with your ebike to identify potential simple fixes.
- If the Technical Support team determines that a Covered Component must be replaced, they will provide you with a set of instructions for returning the defective Covered Component and receiving the replacement.
- After you receive the replacement Covered Component, the Technical Support team will also assist in determining how to replace or install the new Covered Component into your ebike.
- You will be responsible for shipping costs associated with returning a Covered Component unless Samebike agrees in writing to pay for such shipping costs. Replacement Covered Components under this Limited Warranty shall only be shipped to the address of the original purchaser.
THE REMEDIES DESCRIBED ABOVE ARE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AND SAMEBIKE’S ENTIRE LIABILITY FOR ANY BREACH OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. SAMEBIKE’S LIABILITY SHALL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES EXCEED THE ACTUAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE EBIKE, NOR SHALL SAMEBIKE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LOSSES, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, SAMEBIKE DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE FOR THE DURATION OF THIS EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.